Saturday, 25 August 2007
Asbel KIPROP KEN
"My aim was just to qualify for the next round, so things are perfect up to now. I believe Alan Webb is the favourite because he has the fastest time this year."
Rashid RAMZI BRN
"Today, it just mattered to qualify."
Bernard LAGAT USA
"I made a mistake to start my kick too late. I will not repat that again. Otherwise I am feeling very good and looking forward to the semifinals."
Mehdi BAALA FRA,
"The start was a bit rough but in the end it got better and better and I really felt in control. The only things I'm afraid of beside poor shape are falls, that's why I rapidly moved to the front. Ramzi disturbed me a bit in the end. I had the feeling he was trying to tell me he was there. It's difficult to deal with the temperature changes, very hot on the training stadium, then very cold in the call room, and hot again... The pink shoes are a way to say hello to my daughter, she likes that colour very much."
- Osaka 2007 – no positive tests during the IAAF World Championships
- President Diack proudly signs off Osaka 2007
- Osaka 2007 - HIGHLIGHTS, Day 9
- With historic double, Lagat joins illustrious company
- Pitkämäki finally strikes gold
- Beating back the pressure, Vlasic comes of age
- IAAF Website’s written coverage of Osaka 2007 was brought to you by...
- Calm and cool, Jamal bears Helsinki in mind en route to Osaka gold
- Yego’s first win of the season a notable one
- Sergey Bubka confirmed as new IAAF Senior Vice-President