Sunday, 2 September 2007
Osaka, Japan - During this morning’s first meeting of the new IAAF Council which was elected by the 46th IAAF Congress in Osaka, President Lamine Diack announced that Sergey Bubka (UKR) would be the new IAAF Senior Vice-President, replacing Arne Ljungqvist (SWE) who has stepped down from the IAAF Council.
Bubka received the highest number of votes for Vice-President at the recent elections at Congress on 22 August.
Click here for all election results from the 46th IAAF Congress, Osaka 2007
- Osaka 2007 – no positive tests during the IAAF World Championships
- President Diack proudly signs off Osaka 2007
- Osaka 2007 - HIGHLIGHTS, Day 9
- With historic double, Lagat joins illustrious company
- Pitkämäki finally strikes gold
- Beating back the pressure, Vlasic comes of age
- IAAF Website’s written coverage of Osaka 2007 was brought to you by...
- Calm and cool, Jamal bears Helsinki in mind en route to Osaka gold
- Yego’s first win of the season a notable one
- Sergey Bubka confirmed as new IAAF Senior Vice-President