Friday, 7 September 2007
Osaka, Japan - It was the 17th and final session of the 11th IAAF World Championships in Athletics on Sunday (2 Sep) and Finland was still waiting for its first medal, still waiting for even a top-eight finisher. Then along came the men’s Javelin Throw and Tero Pitkämäki. Suddenly it was as if night had turned into day. Or winter into summer.
- Osaka 2007 – no positive tests during the IAAF World Championships
- President Diack proudly signs off Osaka 2007
- Osaka 2007 - HIGHLIGHTS, Day 9
- With historic double, Lagat joins illustrious company
- Pitkämäki finally strikes gold
- Beating back the pressure, Vlasic comes of age
- IAAF Website’s written coverage of Osaka 2007 was brought to you by...
- Calm and cool, Jamal bears Helsinki in mind en route to Osaka gold
- Yego’s first win of the season a notable one
- Sergey Bubka confirmed as new IAAF Senior Vice-President